How can I prepare my outdoor living space for spring? Read on to learn a few tips to help ensure your space is springtime ready.
Even though we are fortunate here in Florida to be able to enjoy the outdoors nearly year-round, we often ignore the maintenance of these spaces during the cooler winter months. However, the days will grow longer and warmer very soon, and we will once again begin spending even more time outdoors. If you have neglected your back or front yard the last few months, you may wonder, how can I prepare my outdoor living space for spring? Here are a few tips to help you take full advantage of your outdoor living space this spring.
- Clear and Clean: One of the first and best ways to prepare to use your outdoor living space again is to clear the debris, such as branches and leaves, and clean surfaces that need it. Cleaning can include power washing your deck or patio and scrubbing furniture.
- Check for Damage: Closely inspect your space for any damage that may have happened over the last few months. Pay close attention to anything with nails, such as decks and pergolas, loose or chipped stones, broken furniture or appliances, etc.
- Inventory and Update: Inventory what you have and note what needs updating. This should include your furniture, plants, and lawn care tools. If elements are worn, broken, or missing, this is your time to replace them.
- Stock it: If you have an outdoor kitchen, you will want to see what you need to restock.
- Make it Bright: Ensure your outdoor lighting works correctly and you have enough to light up your space. Proper lighting can also increase the safety of your outdoor living space and all who enjoy it.
- Prep your Fire Element: If you have a fire pit or fireplace, you should inspect it, clean it, and restock its fuel to ensure it is ready to be used when needed.
- Upgrade your Landscaping: As everything starts blooming, review your landscaping to see what needs shaping up and what you may need to add. Spring is also a great time to lay down a fresh layer of mulch.
- Add to it: After you revive your current outdoor living space, it may be time to refresh it even more by adding to it. Consider an outdoor kitchen, pizza oven, pergola, screen enclosure, fire pit, fireplace, or patio. The possibilities are endless!
Does your outdoor living space need more than some spring cleaning? If so, now is the perfect time to start planning your transformation. With the help of an outdoor living contractor like CSS Fireplaces & Outdoor Living, you can start enjoying your outdoor living space in no time. CSS Fireplaces & Outdoor Living has been helping Jacksonville, and Ormond Beach homeowners create the spaces of their dreams for over a decade. From outdoor kitchens and screen enclosures to fireplaces and fire pits, we specialize in all things outdoor living. From design to installation, our team of professionals work directly with you to customize a space that meets your unique needs and style. Contact our team today if you are ready to step into spring with the perfect outdoor living space that you and your family can enjoy for years to come.