How can I decorate my fireplace mantel for the holidays? Read on to learn tips for creating a festive fireplace mantel.
The holiday season is finally here, which means it’s time for decorating. You have your outdoor lights picked out, the ornaments for the tree are ready to be hung, and your holiday wreaths are set for display—but what about your mantel? Fireplaces are often the focal point of a room, and their mantels provide an excellent opportunity to showcase your festive spirit.
Are you wondering, “how can I decorate my fireplace mantel for the holidays?” Here are a few ideas to help inspire your fireplace mantel decorations this holiday season.
- Choose a garland. This could be greenery, felt, or even wood. Mix and match styles to find your perfect look.
- Add lights. Colored or white, sparkling or still—you cannot go wrong with some extra glow.
- Stick to tradition and hang your family’s stockings.
- Put your family holiday photos, festive artwork, an advent calendar, or holiday cards you receive on display.
- Include candle sticks—real or battery-operated—of different heights to add elegance.
- Add your favorite festive decorations such as nutcrackers, villages, bottle brush trees, snow globes, plants, wrapped presents, or ornaments.
- Use bows or ribbons in complementary colors to your other decorations to tie everything together.
- Go with a theme, such as white Christmas, vintage, rustic farmhouse, or stick to a color palette to help simplify choosing your décor.
Now that you are no longer wondering, “how can I decorate my fireplace mantel for the holidays?,” it is important to keep safety in mind as you decide upon your final décor. Follow these fireplace decorating safety tips to keep your home safe this holiday season.
- Keep your decorations away from all open flames, including candles and those within your fireplace.
- Ensure your decorations are secure and cannot easily fall or be pulled down. This is particularly important if you have small children or will have small children visiting your home.
- Before leaving your home unattended or going to bed, turn off all lights and blow out any candles.
- If you have an especially curious or mischievous pet, limit their access to your fireplace decorations.
If seeing your friends’ and family’s fireplace mantel decorations has you envious this holiday season, contact CSS Fireplaces & Outdoor Living. Whether you are looking to remodel your existing fireplace or build a new one, our team of professionals can help. Contact us today for all your indoor and outdoor fireplace needs.